Friday, August 27, 2010

Decluttering Frenzy

Once my husband announced that he was ready to have our final garage sale and donate all the rest, I knew I had to get jumping. Having completed (hopefully) the attic above the garage (which just means I got out all of my stuff), I immediately went to tackle the attic behind the cat closet (we cut a pet door in a closet door to house the litter box and their food and water dishes). I pulled out four boxes and hung the clothes and priced everything for sale. Later I had my son pull out 4 more boxes, a mirror, 2 large wooden Christmas trees, and several framed posters. I have at least 5-6 more boxes to go through, leaving only my husband's stuff, Christmas and Halloween decorations, and a suitcase.

I wish I could remember to take before and after pictures because words can't express the relief I feel to get all that stuff out - even if I leave dh's stuff, I can feel the "space" where my old junk used to be. Not to mention, I've found several cute outfits for my nephews to wear, who love wearing their cousin's ("Tay-wor") clothes.

This leaves one more attic and the attic at my mom's house. If it sounds daunting, that's because it is. I am hoping a large portion of my mom's attic is just my husband's junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment